If you read my Italian Greyhound Cocktail blog, then you already know that I prefer my cocktails on the tastier side (aka I do not want to taste the alcohol). The apple, honey, and cinnamon infused flavors in this cocktail will remind you of a crisp autumn day! The recipe is the perfect blend of sweet and tart, making this a rather dangerous drink since the ingredients easily disguise the alcohol so well.
Apple Autumn Cocktail
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
Servings: 2 Servings
- 4 ounces of Vodka
- 4 ounces of Apple Cider
- 1/2 ounce Lime Juice (1 tablespoon)
- 2 ounces Honey Simple Syrup (see Honey Simple Syrup Ingredients below)
- Dash Cinnamon
- Optional Garnishes:
- 2 Thyme Sprigs
- 1 Apple – cut into matchsticks (see my tip on this in my notes)
- Honey Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Water
Equipment Recommended: Cocktail Shaker
Begin with making the honey simple syrup. You can either microwave the water and honey together for 30 seconds (or until honey dissolves) or combine the honey and water in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
Then for the cocktail, combine vodka, apple cider, lime juice, honey simple syrup, and cinnamon in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously until chilled.
Fill two glasses with ice and matchstick apples. Strain cocktail into glasses and garnish with sprigs of thyme.
Serve and enjoy!
- How to cut apple into matchsticks:
- Slice your apple on either side of the core.
- Lay the apple flat, see where the core is, and slice on either side of it.
- Slice your apple into quarter to eighth inches.
- Put them all together again and slice through to create match-like slices.
- If you prefer gin over vodka, then by all means switch it up!
- If you wish to skip making the honey simple syrup, you can for sure use the store bought regular simple syrup. The honey simple syrup just complements the apple flavoring a bit more, but totally get wanting to whip up a cocktail quicker!
- I used real apple cider from Whole Foods, which is very delicious, but if you want to make this drink even stronger, you can use hard apple cider!